Thursday, August 10, 2006

Exhaustion

This is where the rubber meets the road. After a week of exhausting training and meetings and activities, we are being asked to push through another six days of moving people in, heading up crews in freshman orienation (which is going to be a wonderful, tiring, exicting experience), and getting ourselves ready for classes to begin. I will literally be on the go from 6 or 7 a.m. until midnight every day. I am honored that my school would entrust student leaders with so much, but I definitely have the exhaustion to prove the intensity of the entire ordeal. Lord...give us Your strength, clarity and grace. We need it so much.

I'm at the point where I don't even care anymore how tired I am or how much work is ahead of us (in 105+ degree weather and rain). I can't wait to embrace the new students arriving and to eventually see my friends that are returning. It is going to be a monumental year. Our university's President has mandated that it will be "The Year of the Wise." How appropriate.

I can hardly believe it is my final year at school. I miss my family more than I can express, but I know I am in the center of God's will. Praise be to the One who sees and hears and knows.

Selah.

p.s. If you read this...I love you, Dad! Call me soon. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home