Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Losing

It was a quiet night. Her footsteps blended in with the silence as she walked. She wished her heart would be still as well, but it refused to settle. Parting ways is such sweet sorrow, she thought to herself. So many things weighed upon her. Loss. Eternity. Goodbyes. Hellos. Moving on. She realized pain and brokeness were common threads to all humanity. How did we get to this point?


She walked, waiting for something to break the silence around her. She felt invisible. Mysterious. Introspective. Unsure. Words didn't come so easily anymore, and she didn't know why.


This silence had been there all along, but she had never taken notice enough to learn from it.

[my latest on Relevant]

2 Comments:

Blogger Joshua Olsen said...

Rachel,

Thanks for the comment :) Feel free to asked questions, I love the discussion!!

I wish I had your ability to put my thoughts on paper, you're truly talented. I've enjoyed reading your posts! Would you mind if I added your link to my blog?

Have a great day! :)

Joshua

7:39 AM  
Blogger ChriS & Yvette Ferguson said...

Found you from Josh's blog. Read your Relevant Article...so true the part about only seeing people at holidays or family crisis. We all need to be intentional in our relationships!

1:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home