Saturday, February 10, 2007

Focus

A stack of papers stares back at me as I glance at the corner of my table in the corner of this cozy little coffee shop. A couple sits across from me and chats somewhat awkardly. Why do some people's voices and laughs annoy me so much? I'm sure they're nice people, though. People give me a hard time for giving the benefit of the doubt to others, but what they don't realize is that inside, I am intuitively assessing everything and everyone. It's in my nature. It's in my spirit. I'm not always right. That's okay with me.

This week has been filled with an overwhelming volume of the things. The reason I am writing is not to pass time (trust me, I don't have time to waste) but to clear my head. So if you're along for the ride, I apologize in advance.

Monday. Oh Monday. It's never what I expect. It unassumingly approaches, but then pounces as soon as my alarm goes off. I fell prey, a helpless victim with a bad case of the Mondays. Fatigue set in. But I was still smiling.

Tuesday. Her voice is so odd. Reminds me of a small child. They're leaving. Relief. It was my 22nd birthday Tuesday. The day was filled with celebration and reflection and phone calls from all over the states (and even one from a friend in Pakistan). I felt loved. The day ended with a missions meeting that lasted until around curfew. I slept well that night.

Wednesday. Woke up late. Made it to Chapel just in time. Classes were good. Pretty normal day, minus everyone on my Student Newspaper staff seeming to have problems simultaneously. Go figure. Deadlines suck when they aren't met. I stayed up late studying world maps for a geography exam the next day. Now I know where Bhutan and Cambodia and Sierra Leone and the United Arab Emirates are located. How exciting.

Thursday. More fires to put out. Ads and stories were pulled from the paper at the last minute. It all came together, as always. My best friend left for Rhode Island to visit her boyfriend. Things seemed strange without her. I think we aced the geography exam. I tossed and turned all night because of the grande chai I drank while editing papers.

Friday. Sweet Friday. Life got easier, even though I was tired and feeling a little sick. Paced my way through classes. Got ready for Homecoming banquet. Had a splendid time. Called it a night early. Intense conversations followed. Left me feeling troubled and a little hurt, but hopeful all at the same time. Then I giggled on the phone with a friend until 2 a.m. Fell asleep fast.

Saturday. Today. Yes. Slept in. Ate some partially disgusting chicken. Met some friends and a professor at a coffee shop. Chatted with random alumni in town for Homecoming. Started editing the large pile of papers in front me for a group project. Wrote this rather incoherent (but chronological) blog. Read it over. Finished typing this sentence.

I feel better now. I think. Back to editing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home