Sunday, June 17, 2007

Sufficiency

Sometimes God take us the long way home. And as the old saying goes, Home is where the heart is. My heart is with Him.

Home. I see it the eyes of the ones I love. Family. Community. Trust. Hope. I feel it in the waves as they crash into shore. Movement. Change. Power. Mystery. I hear it in the laughter of my 2 year-old niece as she runs for no reason at all. Freedom. Joy. Release. Flight.

If He's put eternity in our hearts, but our minds cannot fathom it, how are we to live? Do I stride purposefully toward Him, or aimlessly in a direction of my choice? I struggle to hear Him, yet I cannot deny He is closer than my skin. He is fierce. Gentle. Beyond. Within. And in the same breath, I am discontent and at rest.

Somehow there is grace enough to keep on living.

1 Comments:

Blogger Steve Kozak said...

You would appreciate a book by Mark Buchanan. The Holy Wild

8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home