Thursday, November 22, 2007

How sweet the sound...

After what seemed like 4 very long months, I returned home today. Well, home in the sense of, "Home is where the dog is." I was surrounded by almost every member of my immediate and extended family tonight and I have such a different perspective on how precious it is. I love seeing how they mingle and talk and laugh and tell stories with their hands as much as they do with their words. They're truly beautiful. It reminds me again of God's faithfulness in all this.

I got tears in my eyes as my flight descended today and I could see the snow-speckled landscape of my beloved home state. And soon enough, I was thrown into a flurry of an abundance of food and way too much pie for my own good. And now I'm sitting in my room with my dog sprawled out on the floor next to me and the sounds of my family downstairs. I think I'll go join them...and maybe get more than 4 hours of sleep tonight.

I'm bracing myself for the marathon of eating that is to come, since we're celebrating more traditionally tomorrow. It's always fun with three little kids running around nowadays. I adore my nieces and my nephew, even if they're stinkers and hit the panic button on the minivan. :)

Happy Thanksgiving, guys. I know I'm very thankful today. What a needed break it is.

Cheers.

2 Comments:

Blogger cool dad said...

Praise God for safe travel and great family time!

9:31 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

Nice blog. Keep it up.

10:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home