Wednesday, November 28, 2007

The Tides Have Come...

Mysterious. Powerful. Ebbing. Flowing. Unstoppable. Constant. Fierce.

It seems change has been my constant companion these past six months.

My best friend and her husband are very, very close to welcoming their new daughter into the world (my cell phone is always close by, consequently). Several of my friends have gotten engaged and/or married. Many more have moved far and wide, to other cities, other states, other countries...maybe even other planets, so it seems. And even more are moving in just a few weeks. I have a feeling I'll join them soon enough. I graduated from college, and the very university that I know and love has undergone sweeping changes in the last few months, and especially the last few days. I'm honored to be a part of such a time as this.

And in the midst of all these changes, I find that I have gone headlong into my career and [finally] stepped out as a musician and let people hear my songs. I've begun to paint and learned how much I enjoy it. I've honed my skills as a photographer. In other words, I've embraced my inner artsy-fartsy-ness. There are a lot of "new" things in my life, as well. New car. New place. New look. New job. Even a new community of Christians that I hadn't quite connected with before.

And as much as I struggle to find this narrow path that God has called us to, I am far from hopeless. I get overwhelmed just as much as anyone by the tides, but I am also constantly reminded that I'm not alone. Community has been so key lately. I never knew it could be like this. And I cannot imagine my life being anything short of this adventure, because therein I've learned more of who Christ is and who I am in Him. There really aren't words to describe it.

El fin...or perhaps it is the beginning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home