Sunday, December 16, 2007

Burning Ones

I was recently assigned a feature story for one of my freelancing gigs and, in the process, I have come to know some truly passionate people. They understand the Kingdom of God in a way I have not yet come to know myself, but the more I am around them, the more I realize there must be more to living a life of true worship than what I've known so far. There has to be something deeper, something more fervent, something more consuming, something more earth-shattering and entirely captivating.

I can see it in their eyes. It is burning, living, breathing, moving, organic, raw and genuine. Do they see it in my eyes? Perhaps it has been dormant all this time, or seldom stirred. How did I grow so cold? Was there ever a time I understood, really? I think so, but that time came and went with the rise and fall of a community I once knew. Now, a few years later, I find myself on the verge of diving into something that is beyond what any of us can fathom.

And here I am, trying to transcribe interviews and put together a lengthy story about this movement...this burning...this grassroots group of worshippers who want nothing more than to see God change the atmosphere around them and effect change in their hearts and their communities.

I can only pray I do the story justice. I have a feeling that it will change me as much as (I hope) it will change those that read it someday.

Here goes everything.

2 Comments:

Blogger tmamone said...

I wish I could be that passionate, too; to have that real desire for God. Can't wait to read the article.

8:21 PM  
Blogger mhildebr said...

Just read your article on relevant, and I decided to look at your blog. I like reading what you have to write. I think we each have that deep passion inside for something, and it takes a while (after searching every other place) to see that it's to be with God.

8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home