Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Words of Old [ish]

From time to time, I like to revisit my blog entries from a year ago. As I read over my late March and early April entries from 2007, something struck me. I am in a similar season now, although my future seems to be a little more predictable. But I am not foolish enough to believe that anything is to be expected anymore. All I know to do is follow where He leads.

For the sake of context, a year ago at this time I was on the verge of completing my Bachelor's degree and rather uncertain of where I was going, along with a few other things. It was not the easiest season of my life, but I count it as one of the best so far.

Without further adieu, here is an excerpt of an entry from last April:

***

...for the first time in a very long time, I'm completely content with the unknown. Not because I am denying that there comes a time when I need a plan...but because I'm not the one making the plan. I'm just following in the well-worn path my Father has made for me. I'm doing my part. I'm pulling my weight. I'm making the decisions He wants me to and using my head. But in the end, He is the one who opens doors. It's a humbling place to be, when all you've done is all you can do.

If there is one thing I have learned, it's this: Genuine humility begins with a willingness to be broken. And brokenness, in the context of God's love and security, is full of beauty, power, vulnerability and emotion.

So I challenge you, regardless of where you are or what your state of being is, to rest in the unknown, because ultimately You rest in the arms of a Father who knows all. He hears the cry of your heart. He hasn't forgotten. His everlasting arms will hold you up in the fire of trial and the midst of battle.

Recite with me these simple words: I don't know, and that's okay.

***

What were you blogging about a year ago?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home